Makes 8 muffins, but it depends on the pan you’re using. I’ve used the one for jam tarts and I got 14 muffins.
- 25g unsalted butter
- 200ml milk
- 100g spinach leaves
- 50g finely grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 120g Feta Cheese
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Lightly grease the holes of a muffin pan.
- Heat butter and milk in a pan over medium heat.
- Chop the spinach, add it to the mixture and stir for 1 minute until wilted.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly, then beat until smooth.
- Add parmesan, egg and spinach mixture.
- Crumble in the feta cheese, then stir gently until just combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda
- Fill pans with mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until muffins are risen and cooked through.
- Turn out onto a rack to cool slightly.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is a variation of the Spinach and Goat’s Cheese Muffins recipe