After two months since I bought this product, I finally found time to write a review on it.
Last year the Akamuti products were launched in Malta for the first time at Shanti Natural & Organic Products health shop, in Mosta. I attended the event together with my friend Denise from the All Things Fabulous Blog.
Before going to the launch I was aiming to buy the Chocolate and Marshmallow mask, and when I got there I really liked the scent of this chocolatey mask. This scent made me think of warm drinking chocolate. But then I heard of this Amla powder that has lots of benefits, some of which are it fights dandruff, white hair and acne. Therefore I thought that since it targets most hair and skin “problems” which I currently have, I should try out this Amla powder instead of the Chocolate and Marshmallow mask, then maybe I buy the mask later on.
This product costs €8.85 but I got it at 10% less as there was a launch offer during the event. During the launch I bought also another product that I needed, but I will do a mini-haul and maybe a review of the other product on another blog post.
Benefits of Amla Powder
- stimulates hair growth
- enhances hair colour
- treats lice and dandruff
- repairs damaged (from dye or environment) hair
- treats premature grey hair
- repairs damaged tissue
- reduces appearance of blemishes and wrinkles
- treats dull skin
|Raw Indian Gooseberry (Amla in Hindi)|
DIRECTIONS (as indicated on packaging): Add a little water to 2-3 teaspoons powder to make a runny paste. Massage the paste into the scalp & hair & leave on for up to 30 mins for best results. Wash out thoroughly with water. For serious conditioning use a little sesame oil in place of water. Rinse well & wash out. Avoid contact with eyes.
INGREDIENTS (as indicated on packaging): Amla Powder (Emblica officinalis)
Unfortunately, since I rarely find some quiet time where I can pamper myself, I have only used this powder three times. Whenever I do I use it both on my face and hair at the same time. The instructions say that I should leave it on for 30 minutes but I leave it for a minimum of 1 hour.
- While washing it off my hair, I notice that my hair feels softer when wet.
- My natural hair colour is dark brown and in November I dyed it to a lighter brown, but the difference in colour isn’t noticed unless I am under some form of light. Another thing I noticed is that after using this powder and when my hair dries from water, the hair dye colour is slightly more visible.
- My face feels clean after washing off the mask.
- Might not be suitable for people with light hair as it could darken the hair.
|Akamuti Amla Powder – €8.85|