When I recently shared the Delicata vegan wine list, I was asked whether Marsovin has any vegan wines. I assumed they did not. However, you know what they say about assuming, so I attempted to ask Marsovin the question. They came back to me saying: “All our white wine and rose` wines are free from the use of any animal products.” Since I would not know what white and rose’ wines they offer, and most probably you do too, I tried making our life easier by writing a Marsovin vegan wine list.
- Guze Late Harvest is a sweet white wine made from a blend of Moscato & Zibibbo grapes using two different techniques of making sweet wine: late harvesting and drying of grapes. It has a very intense aromatic nose of figs, orange blossom underlined a light touch of honey and a delicate geranium hint. On the palate, it is well structured with flavours of ripe apricot and with a good balance of acidity and sweetness. Delicious with cheese and fruit-based desserts. It is dedicated to the former Chairman of Marsovin, Joseph Cassar, affectionately known as Sur Ġużi.
- Antonin Blanc is produced from selected Chardonnay grapes harvested from the Ramla Valley Estate in Gozo and fermented in new oak barrels for 12 weeks. This wine has a fine balance of acidity, oak and soft buttery flavours.
- Blanc de Cheval is a medium-bodied white wine. It has distinct fruity aromas of citrus and apples bursting into zesty fruity flavours on the palate and ending with a pleasant lingering finish. It is excellent on its own or as an accompaniment to most fish, prawn and shellfish dishes.
D.O.K. Gozo Wines
- Odyssey Grenache Rose is fine and fruity Rose’. It has a sweet intense aroma reminiscent of apples & strawberries. It is medium dry, medium-bodied and is best served lightly chilled accompanying fish, veal, pork and poultry dishes.
- Ulysses Chenin Blanc, Chardonnay is produced entirely from hand-picked grapes harvested in family-owned vineyards in Gozo, this medium-bodied dry white wine has a pale lemon bright colour, aromas and flavours of a citrus and stone fruit character of lemons, limes and peaches. It has a refreshing acidity that is in balance with the fruit flavours.
D.O.K. Malta Wines
- 1919 White is an elegant, complex wine of character with fruity aromas of apples, citrus, mangoes and some sweet spice undertones. On the palate, it is smooth and well balanced with a pleasant lingering finish. Ideal as an aperitif or as an accompaniment to fish and pasta dishes, white meats, mature cheeses.
- Caravaggio Chardonnay is a dry, medium to full-bodied white wine. It is refreshingly smooth on the palate with citrus flavours of ripe lemons and delicate fruity-floral aromas of apples and honeysuckle.
- Caravaggio Chenin Blanc is a dry white wine with aromas reminiscent of stone fruit: peaches and apricots underlined by a hint of green apples. Well balanced with refreshing levels of acidity. Ideal to accompany light food dishes including salads, fish, poultry, veal and pork dishes.
- Caravaggio Moscato is a luscious sweet wine with typical aromatic fruit of orange blossom, and intense grapey aromas, with hints of peaches and apricots. It has a refreshing acidity on the palate with good concentration of fruit, structure and balance.
- Caravaggio Pinot Bianco is a dry, medium-bodied white wine. It shows refreshing aromas of citrus flavours: ripe lemons underlined by aromatic floral notes. Ideally served with soft cheeses, cold cuts of meat, fish and platters.
I.G.T. Maltese Islands Wines
- La Valette White is a fruity wine with intense aromas of melons, peaches, apples and some floral notes. It is slightly off-dry with fresh acidity and a persistent finish. It is ideal as an aperitif or as an accompaniment to antipasti, seafood, salads and light pasta dishes. Serve chilled (10°C – 12°C).
- Verdala Bianco is a fruity Mediterranean wine with a delicate and fragrant bouquet reminiscent of stone fruit aromas: peaches and fresh apricot. It is a dry, well-balanced wine with lively acidity, silky texture and long finish.
- Verdala Frizzante Gellewza is an easy-drinking, refreshing medium-dry sparkling rosé wine with aromas and flavours of candy apple, fresh strawberries and raspberries. Ideal as an aperitif or with light, fruit desserts, antipasti, pizza and lightly spicy oriental dishes.
- Verdala Frizzante Girgentina is an easy-drinking, off-dry sparkling wine with pronounced tropical flavours of pineapple and peach, underlined by an interesting mineral hint. Ideal as an aperitif or with antipasti, salads & light pasta dishes.
- Verdala Moscato is an off-dry wine produced from the Moscato grape variety. Its sweet aromas of over-ripe grapes and apples are evident on the palate. The wine is suited to accompany a fruit-based dessert.
- Verdala Rose is a typical Mediterranean wine produced from a blend of locally grown red grape varieties, handpicked from family-owned vineyards in the Maltese Islands. Palazzo Verdala Rosé is a smooth and well-balanced off-dry rosé that combines a fruity aroma with a crisp and refreshing palate. Enjoy on its own or with barbeques, fish, pizza and pasta dishes. Serve chilled (8˚C to 10˚C).
Whenever I drink wine, I choose sweet ones, I wouldn’t know from this vegan wine list which one would be ideal for me. I would appreciate if you could suggest a few.
DISCLAIMER: This is not a pr, sponsored or affiliate post.