2018 should be my vegan year. It should be the year from when I start counting my vegan anniversary. So from today onwards, I should not be eating any animal products. Luckily I happen to have about 5 vegan recipes which I could cook until I can collect more. One of these recipes is this vegan Jägersoße recipe.
Jägersoße, literally translated to “hunter sauce” is a German traditional sauce served with meat, potatoes and pasta. Note that German dishes mostly consist of meat and potatoes. Potatoes and pasta are served as sides. So with your main, you can order a side of plain pasta instead of the usual fries. I will be serving this sauce as a normal pasta mushroom sauce.
Vegan Jägersoße Ingredients
- 1 tbsp butter
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp flour
Vegan Jägersoße Method
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the onion and cook until transparent.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes
- Stir in the vegetable stock and flour, avoid having flour lumps.
- Cook for 5 – 10 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
Now you can serve the sauce with your favourite pasta or potatoes.
How did you find this recipe?