Please note that I couldn’t find a block of vegan cheddar, so I used a block of vegetarian cheddar instead!
Serves 3 or 4
- 400-450g firm or extra firm tofu, crumbled (use your hands or a fork)
- 125g vegan cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- 100g sliced mushrooms (any kind or a combination)
- 100g fresh spinach leaves.
- In a large bowl, combine the tofu, cheese, spring onions, garlic, yeast flakes, tamari or soy sauce, turmeric, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in the spinach, a handful at a time if necessary, and cook until wilted (about 1 minute). Stir in the tofu mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, or until any liquid has evaporated and the mixture is hot. Serve immediately.
|And Voila’! This is roughly the result 🙂|
Price: 2.00€ per 500g from Arkadia, St Julians
Price: 4.20€ per 125g from Shanti, Mosta