It’s a new month so I took the opportunity to start a post calendar. Starting from today, I will reboot the #meatfreemonday posts by sharing an easy recipe which I nearly follow once a week. This is the Mushroom Risotto from Taste.com.au
All you need for this recipe is:
- 1 litre salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1/2 cup dry wine
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 40g butter
- 500g mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan*
- I don’t use Parmesan since it’s not vegetarian. I use any grated vegetarian cheese, but many times I don’t even add cheese as for me this risotto is already tasty without cheese.
As you can see, it’s an easy recipe which you can easily veganise by omitting the cheese and replacing butter with oil or vegan butter.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Do you have any vegetarian/vegan recipe which you nearly do every week? Let me know which one so that I could give it a try!
DISCLAIMER: I wasn’t paid to prepare, publish or share this post.