Good morning, it’s #MeatFreeMonday again! <3
Last week I’ve tried around 5 meat-free recipes from the Mouthwatering Vegan cookbook which I would definitely try again in the future, and for today I’ve decided to share with you, since it got the highest amount of likes in my instagram account, the State-of-the-Art Lasagna. I thought it was the first time I am cooking this lasagna, but while frying the vegetables, I had a deja vu, I realised that I had already tried it before and forgot to mark whether I liked it or not. So this time I made sure to mark it, so that next time I focus on trying out new tasty recipes from this book.
Unlike other recipes that I’ve shared, this recipe requires lots of ingredients but most of them are usually default in the kitchen:
INGREDIENTS FOR LASAGNE
- 1 large eggplant, cut thinly lengthways
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into slices lengthways
- 2 green or red peppers, cut lengthways
- 3 cups of the best mushrooms you can get hold of
- Around 6 sheets of dried lasagne (egg-free)
INGREDIENTS FOR TOMATO SAUCE
- olive oil
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsps tomato paste
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp agave or maple syrup
INGREDIENTS FOR WHITE SAUCE
- 2 cups vegan cream
- ¼ cup of nondairy milk
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes.
- 3 cups of vegan cheese of your choice – one that melts well – roughly grated or chopped into slices
- a handful of fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
And here’s the result…
Good morning #crueltyfree people! Here's a @mouthwateringvegan #recipe which I tried yesterday. It's a #vegetarian version of the #stateoftheart #veganlasagna. #MeatFree with #aubergines, #zucchini, #mushrooms and #peppers instead. #mouthwatering #vegan #lasagna #mouthwateringvegan #veganfood #veganmalta #vegetarianfood #vegetarianmalta #crueltyfreefood #crueltyfreemalta #malta #vegetarisch #food #foodporn #foodie #cfblogger #cfbloggers #blogger #bloggers
Join the Conversation
Have you tried this lasagna before, or have you tried any of Mouthwatering Vegan‘s recipes before? How do you find them? Have you bought or would you consider buying the cookbook?
DISCLAIMER: I wasn’t paid to prepare, publish or share this post.