For my Birthday Tea Party, I tried to prepare vegan finger food and sweets. I had planned to use the muffins mixture which I have received with one of the vegan boxes. However, this plan didn’t work. The reason being, although I had greased the muffin tin, the muffins still got stuck to the tin. So I had to think of something else to prepare. Something easy and which I don’t have to go out shopping for. Then I’ve remembered, that when I started my vegetarian journey, I had tried baking vegan jam tarts.
View this post on Instagram
Last Sunday I had organised a tea party for my birthday. My original idea was to bake and serve muffins by using the vegan muffin mixture I had once received in a vegan box. ☕ Although I greased the muffin pan with butter, the muffins still got stuck to the pan. So I had to think of something else to bake. 💚 Then I remembered that I long time ago I have baked vegan jam tarts and since we received jam last Christmas but never used it, thought it might be a good idea to use it in the tarts. 🎄 They were yummy. 😋 Would you like me to share the recipe? #veganchallenge TAGS • • • • • #veganfood #birthdayparty #veganfoodshare #kidsparty #whatveganseat #vegansofig #partyideas #partyplanner #veganfoodporn #plantbased #madhatterteaparty #veganism #govegan #vegansofinstagram #veganmalta #malta #veganlife #jamtarts #teaparty #aliceinwonderland #veganbirthday #jam #crueltyfree #hclf #festadecrianca #birthday #veganlifestyle #festadeaniversario #ikelmalta @ikelmalta
So I asked my friend Google, for jam tarts recipes. They were all similar so, here’s what you need:
Vegan Jam Tarts Recipe Ingredients
- 170 grams flour
- 85 grams margarine
- 2 tbsps water
- 1 jar of jam
Vegan Jam Tarts Recipe Method
- Mix the flour and the margarine and work it with your hands until they look like breadcrumbs.
- Add the water to make the breadcrumbs stick together to form a dough.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface and use a circular cookie cutter to cut circular shapes. I didn’t have a circular cookie cutter so I used a mug.
- Grease the muffin tin with some margarine.
- Lay each of the circular cut dough in each tray of the muffin tin.
- Fill up each of this dough with 1 teaspoon of jam.
- Bake for 10 – 20 minutes, or until they start getting slightly brown, in a 200°C oven. Check the tarts every 5 – 10 minutes to make sure they don’t get burnt.